« Home | Myspace Man » | 5 days to go! » | No Photo » | Bucket » | Well obviously I didn't take this. But Michael Jac... » | Left to right: Gemma, Laura and me looking a bit..... » | Eye-Toy » | It never moved. We left. » | Little Brown Bag » | I said you buy one, you get one free! »

Multi-Racial Panda

It was just me and Nick in the living room. TV was on. Bit bored. I asked Nick to write a song. He laughed...and shouted the words, "I saw a panda standing there" as potential lyrics.

The Multi-Racial Panda song was born.

Matt contributed the line "and a subtle stare", which got the ball rolling. This wasn't going to be comedy. Oh no. This song had to be a statement of epic proportions. What did this fat Panda represent? How was this panda going to change our lives?

Let me tell you.

A Panda is neither black nor white. It's both. So who better to ask, in this day and age, about racial integration and acceptance? Exactly.

But...just as we're about to find out what advice he's giving us, the Panda, tragically, gets shot. In the head. By a human...no doubt for his fur. Little did that human know that the panda could have saved us all. He was just trying to make some quick money for himself. Just like the rest of humanity.

Let that be a lesson to ya.

So, ladies and gents, without further a-do, we present to you 'Multi-Racial Panda', performed by (from left to right), Matt, Dave, Ant and Nick. The lyrics are below...so you can sing along.

Go watch the video on YouTube

------

I saw a Panda,
He was standing there.
He had padded feet,
And a subtle stare.

The panda he turned to me,
He says how can you really be free?
You argue over black or white,
Maybe you should learn from me

Multi-Racial Panda,
Teach us all you know,
About life and loving,
We've got some way to go
(x2)

Just as he was telling me,
A hunter appears behind a tree.
And though the panda he did run
He couldn't escape humanity's gun

Multi-Racial Panda,
You could have saved us all
But instead we've killed you
Racists made us fall.

Labels:

Omg thats amazingg! I love it!

I weep for the panda. Tears of despair...

As I said before, super, great, amazing. The guy on drums (hitting his knees!) adds good beat to it. You must have been pretty bored to do that though...keep it up!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dave. I am currently at university in Lincoln. I don't claim to be a great photographer - nor even a good one - but I do like capturing moments on my nifty little cameraphone. I also like comments, so get typing.
My profile

MySpace Profile